Senior Lecturer (Cardiopulmonary Physiotherapy)
Job Title: Senior Lecturer (Cardiopulmonary Physiotherapy)
Faculty of Health Sciences
School of Therapeutic Sciences
The Physiotherapy department continuously challenges and encourages its staff to be innovative in their areas of teaching and research and creates opportunities for staff to develop academically. Applications are invited from skilled and self-motivated Physiotherapists to enhance the teaching and research output of the department. The position calls for a person who works well in a team with minimal supervision and who is acutely aware of the demanding nature of an academic position. This is a full time post with the University of the Witwatersrand to be taken up by 1 June 2023.
• Teaching in the area of general cardiopulmonary physiotherapy for both under and postgraduate students.
• Clinical supervision in different clinical areas of undergraduate physiotherapy students undertaking their cardiopulmonary clinical blocks including intensive care unit.
• Coordinating cardiopulmonary physiotherapy academic activities for under- and postgraduate education.
• Supervision of under- and postgraduate research and conducting own research particularly in cardiopulmonary physiotherapy.
• Curriculum development, mentoring of undergraduate students, administrative duties as per needs of the department and participation in all academic activities.
• Degree in Physiotherapy
• PhD (or near completion) in the area of cardiopulmonary physiotherapy
• Registration with the HPCSA
• Clinical experience in the field of cardiopulmonary physiotherapy for a minimum of three years.
• Prior teaching experience and supervision at postgraduate and undergraduate levels
• A history of publications showing development of a research.
• Basic computer skills with competence in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook as well as data analysis programmes.
• Experience in teaching / student training and supervision and assessment
• Experience in curriculum development and review
• Contribution to policy development and/or implementation
• Relevant management, leadership and/or professional experience
• Postgraduate supervision experience
(If the number of published articles and postgraduate students supervised to completion is less than the minimum requirements for Senior Lecturer position, appointment will be at lecturer level until the minimum requirements for Senior Lecturer are met)
For more information only (not to submit applications)
Contact: Associate Professor Veronica Ntsiea
Telephone: (011) 717-3702
Email: [email protected]
Closing Date: 24 April 2023
Apply via i-Recruitment https://irec.wits.ac.za
And include the following:
• A covering letter of motivation
• Detailed CV with names, current e-mail addresses and contact numbers of 3 referees
• Certified copies of Qualifications
• Certified copy of registration with professional bodies
• Certified copy of South African ID, or passport and work permit if not south African
Only applications via the website will be considered for shortlisting.
The University is committed to employment equity. Preference may be given to appointable applicants from the underrepresented designated groups in terms of the relevant employment equity plans and policies of the University. The University retains the right not to make an appointment and to verify all information provided by candidates.
Please note that correspondence will only be entered into with shortlisted candidates. The University reserves the right not to make an appointment or to re-advertise.